I offer a spectrum of services for nonprofits, small businesses, and entrepreneurs. I free up your time, help you tell your story well, connect you with the tribes of passionate people who love what you do, and help you reach your revenue goals.
I specialize in small organizations that may not have dedicated communications, marketing or fundraising staff, that need help getting specialized tasks like copywriting, social media management, or grant writing done.
Contact me today for a free introductory consultation to discuss your needs. My contact info is at the bottom of the page.
Communications and Marketing
- Strategy and planning – Feeling overwhelmed? Not sure what’s working with your communications and marketing? I can guide you through the creation of a communications and marketing strategy that will clarify your brand, identify your audiences, and select the communications channels and media that will best achieve your goals… then help you set up a plan to make sure it all gets done. I can facilitate strategy sessions at your company or nonprofit, or coach you through the process with my easy-to-follow do-it-yourself templates and worksheets.
- Online marketing – Wish you knew how to do all the online stuff: website, social media, e-newsletters? I’ve been an online specialist for 10 years, and can help you set up (or redesign) your website, analyze and choose the best social media to market your organization or business, and craft compelling e-newsletters that engage your audiences. I can also create (or show you how to create your own) online “shareables” and infographics for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And if you really wish you could just give all this work to someone else, I can take over your social media management tasks, freeing up your time for the stuff you do best.
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading – I’m a skilled writer with 20 years of experience in a broad range of writing styles – including news articles, blog posts, whitepapers, annual reports, manuals, policies and procedures, news releases, and marketing copy. I can quickly understand your brand and voice, and produce clean copy that meets your deadlines and helps you achieve your goals. I can also design your documents for professional printing, and work with vendors on your behalf.
- Online revenue and passive income – Would you like to diversify your revenue, or find ways to generate income online? I can help you explore the possibilities – videos, e-books, podcasts, online workshops and more – to see if online revenue fits with your expertise, services, and the people who need or want what you’ve got.
- Grant writing, businesses cases, funding proposals – I have helped nonprofits and public service organizations garner more than $1,000,000 in successful grants, business cases and foundation revenue, from sources that include the Ontario Trillium Foundation, the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council, the Toronto Arts Council, and the City of London. I can also help you craft compelling boilerplate about your organization that you can use over and over again in future proposals, reports and marketing.
- Strategy and planning – Do you need to diversify your nonprofit revenue? I can guide you through a fundraising strategy and planning process that identifies gaps, highlights new opportunities for revenue diversification, then sets targets and action items to get you going. I can also coach organizations in best practices for fundraising, including cultivating prospective new allies, ambassadors and donors, being authentic and transparent in your asks, and showing your appreciation to your donors and volunteers.
- Strategy and planning – I can facilitate your nonprofit’s strategic planning initiatives, from information gathering and environmental analysis through to setting goals, targets, key performance and results indicators, and drafting actionable plans that will get your organization moving.
- Policy writing – Whether its creating board or operational policies, I can research, draft or revise policies for you, freeing up your time for other work.
- Organizing your office space – Lost in the clutter of files, reports and paperwork? Need someone to overhaul your work spaces, and find a place for everything? As a professional organizer and trained designer I can analyze your space and help you create a place where you will love to show up for work every day.
- Streamlining your processes and workflow – Never enough time in your day for the things that matter most? Missing deadlines, feeling rushed and overworked all the time? In danger of burnout? Nonprofits and entrepreneurs have something in common: there is always more work than there are hours in the day. I can help bring some structure to the chaos: identifying your most crucial activities, suggesting tasks that you can delegate or defer, and helping you plan your workdays so that you can focus during your peak productivity times, and make the best use of your time.
- Email and electronic file management – Do you have the inbox from hell, full of hundreds of unread emails? Are you missing out on business opportunities or alienating clients or partners through your neglect? I can coach you through email best practices that calm the chaos, delete the unnecessary, and nurture your relationships.
- Certified Crucial Conversations© and Crucial Accountability© trainer – Are you avoiding having the really hard conversations in your workplace? An employee who isn’t measuring up, or a partner who is always flaking out on you? When the stakes and emotions are high, and it really matters, Crucial Conversations© and Crucial Accountability© skills can make a difference, turning poor results into great results by building strong, trusting relationships. I’m a certified corporate trainer in both these courses, and would be happy to talk to you about how you can bring these VitalSmarts® programs into your workplace.
Workshops and Public Speaking
I occasionally develop new workshops to help nonprofits and small businesses do all of the above. Below are some of the workshops I can bring into your workplace, professional group, or community of practice.
- Permission Marketing for nonprofits or home business
- E-newsletters for nonprofits or home business
- Facebook for nonprofits or home business
- Twitter for nonprofits or home business
- Instagram for nonprofits or home business
- Pinterest for nonprofits or home business
- YouTube for nonprofits or home business